Thursday, June 18, 2009

Don't Get Caught Lacking


It is a HOT morning!  I just walked into my house from my morning walk feeling thankful for the cool air.   Earlier this morning, as I rolled out of bed before everyone else in the house, I grabbed my coffee and bible which is my routine.    For about a month now, my routine has been just-exactly-that......routine!    Sometimes I read my bible and the words jump out.  I get an excited feeling kind of like butterflies in the stomach! I know God is speaking to me through His word.  

For about a month now, I have struggled to “feel” anything as I read.    This morning I was reading in Hosea 4, when verse 6 made that long awaited jump!   


My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge,

Because you have rejected knowledge,

I also will reject you from being My priest,

Since you have forgotten the law of your God,

I also will forget your children.


I know this is Old Testament and that God is speaking to the sons of Israel, but I believe the words of the Prophet Hosea can speak to us today.


Having a passion for God’s word and “feeling it” is the best thing ever!   What about the times I don’t feel it?   During times of trials and struggle (which is inevitable),will I lay The Word down and wallow in self pity?   Honestly, I have been there lately.   


I was reminded this morning of a very profound fact of life.   This thing is so simple, yet at times I can make it complicated.   Take the living word, as God has given us, to guide us through life, read it, gain knowledge of the truth inside, which in turn will keep me from being “destroyed for lack of knowledge.”


I chose to do this whether I feel it or not!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment