Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hey girls,

I just want you to know that I haven't ditched the blog! Hey, "shift happens"! I only said that because I can't say the other! HA! At this moment I am sitting at my sister's computer in Oklahoma City. She is at work today, so I am alone. (Well, not really, Seth is here) There is nothing like being pampered by my older sissy! God is good. He is so in love with me and I with Him. No matter what is going on at any given time in our life, He is right there with us. I am experiencing a "shift" in my life that I have no control over. I am so happy that God knows and He controls what happens. Sometimes thing happen and we are not sure why, but once we walk through and get to the other side, we can then be able to help others. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to be a child of the living and active God!

I am reading a book, "Think and Make it Happen". Rice Brooks told us about this book, while we were in Nashville. I started it a couple of months ago, but haven't had the time to really dive into it. My one goal during this restful week in Oklahoma , is to finish this book. (It is so nice to have just one goal!, at least for a few days) God's timing is always perfect! I need this book at this precise moment in my life. A quote: "A correctly thinking mind understands that the goal with our emotions is to manage them as best we can by directing their significant power to achieve positive ends. The remarkable mind will also make sure the conscious "self" remains in charge rather than being ruled by emotions."

We have control over our thoughts. Do we take control? So may times a thought will make itself known in our mind, we immediately grab it, feed it, then it grows into a monster!

I truly believe that every circumstance, even the toughest, can be looked at with a positive mind. This book states: "The fact that Jesus withstood the pressures brought upon him is evidence that he was the captain of his own thoughts."

We can only learn by doing, therefore, when a negative thought jumps into my mind, I desire to
take control and not let that "thought" control me. This book is a meaty book written by a very intellegent person. I don't know how I will ever get through it and remember everything. One chapter can be overwhelming with a wealth of information. Well, better get back to reading.

Love you all.... Have a wonderful week! Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment